fredag 27 augusti 2010

My junkstrap is printing!

Hello!

I have built a junkstrap, and a couple of days ago, i finally made my first print. Of course the traditional minimug. I am so happy and proud i had to create a blog and tell everyone! :-)

I chose not to blog about it while building, because i wanted to focus on the actual building. It still has taken about a year of late nights every now and then. I will try to make a new post within a few days describing it more in detail and with pictures.

Here is a short description in the mean time:

It is based on the mcWire-design, but i have adapted it to whatever parts i could get hold of. I think i have been lucky to find very fine parts, and that they fit together remarkably well.

The X- and Y-stages are belt driven.

The extruder is stepper motor direct-drive with the no-lathe barrel & nozzle. The nozzle hole is 1 mm.

The electronics are the "Gen 3, mostly assembled" from Makerbot.

It is still not very reliable and the mug is not really watertight, although the surface tension keeps the water inside.

/Peter Rosengren, Sweden

1 kommentar:

  1. hey good to hear, i would love to see some pictures some time.

    good work.

    SvaraRadera